MILPITAS, Calif., Aug. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Creative today announced the Sound BlasterX G6, the latest flagship addition to the Sound BlasterX G-series of Gaming Amps and USB Sound Cards. The Sound BlasterX G6 builds on the success of its predecessor the Sound Blaster G5–with significant specification enhancements added that makes it unrivalled in its class.
The Sound BlasterX G6 packs an amazing amount of audio technology and fidelity in a compact and stylish chassis.
The Sound BlasterX G6 is a high-resolution gaming DAC amp and USB sound card capable of 32-bit/384kHz PCM and DoP playback. Built with precision audiophile components, the Sound BlasterX G6 provides an outstanding audio upgrade from default audio for PS4, PC, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch, bringing new life to games and entertainment. The award-winning custom-designed Xamp discrete headphone amp utilizes bi-amplification technology to power each channel separately, delivering a whole new level of audio fidelity with superior clarity and accuracy in an unaltered lossless model.
The ultra-low 1 Ohm output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 16 Ohm in-ear monitors all the way to professional gaming headsets and studio-grade 600 Ohm headphones. It features Dolby Digital decoding, 7.1 virtual surround sound, sidetone-speaker volume control, and Sound Blaster’s legacy of impressive sound enhancement technologies.
“It’s time to breathe new life into your games with the Sound BlasterX G6 Gaming DAC Amp and USB Sound Card. The Sound BlasterX G6 takes experiencing today’s audio-rich gaming content on consoles and PCs to whole new levels of breathtaking playback. With its custom-tuned award-winning Xamp headphone amp and ability to support 7.1 surround, together with its audiophile-grade components and specs, the Sound BlasterX G6 personifies the absolute best performance when it comes to external gaming DACs and USB Sound Cards,” said Low Long Chye, General Manager of Creative.
“We noticed a lot of our fans actually purchased the earlier G5 for PlayStation 4 and other consoles—which was a departure from its traditional usage with PCs. As more and more people discover the value of great audio outside of the world of the PC, we wanted to offer another option with even better performance and components.”
Sound BlasterX G6 includes the following components and features:
- Works with EverythingDesigned to work with PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PC. Designed to work cross-platform, the Sound BlasterX G6 utilizes an optical connection for PS4 and Xbox, USB connection for PC, and a line-in for Nintendo Switch. Additionally, the Sound BlasterX G6 also works in Nintendo Switch USB Dock mode.
- 130dB DNR, 32-bit 384kHz DACUltra-high dynamic range of 130dB. The advanced 32-bit oversampled multi-bit modulator with mismatch shaping technology eliminates distortion, ensuring audio is streamed with the highest level of detail and fidelity.
- Support for Hi-Res Audio FormatsHigh-resolution 32-bit 384kHz PCM and DoP audio formats ensure that music is delivered with true authenticity and accuracy.
- Award-winning Xamp Discrete Headphone AmplificationThe custom-designed Xamp headphone amplifier features discrete components through all stages of amplification in a bi-amp design. Each audio channel is individually amplified to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an authentic, unaltered lossless model. The ultra-low 1 Ohm output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 16 Ohm in-ear monitors all the way to professional gaming headsets and studio-grade 600 Ohm headphones.
- Game-Centric DesignThe Sound BlasterX G6 is designed with PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox gamers in mind. With gaming-specific features such as Dolby Digital decoding and Sidetone volume control, the Sound BlasterX G6 provides an incredible improvement over default motherboard audio. Adjust headphone/speaker playback volume and sidetone volume to optimize chat and game audio with a touch of a button.
- Industry-Leading Audio Processing TechnologyEnjoy full audio customization and enhanced audio realism with immersive 7.1 surround virtualization, accurate cues, bass boost, and in-game voice communication enhancements with the Sound Blaster Connect audio suite.
Pricing and Availability
The Sound BlasterX G6 will be available online on Creative.com at US$149.99.
For in-store availability, please refer to local authorised resellers.
To find out more about Sound BlasterX G6 and the Sound BlasterX G5, visit Creative.com/G6.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative drives digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions which include premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones, powerful audiophile-grade amplifiers and digital audio converters, and next-generation home-theatre systems. Creative continues to re-invent the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound Blaster Roar and Sound Blaster X7 that aim at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets.
Beyond Sound Blaster, Creative has also unveiled X-Fi Sonic Carrier: a brand new concept in hi-res audio and video delivery for home entertainment. This technology powerhouse hosts, bridges and enhances a multitude of state-of-the-art technologies and entertainment platforms, and personifies the Audio of Tomorrow.
This announcement relates to products launched in the United States. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. Creative, the Creative logo, Sound Blaster and the BlasterX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press release disclaimer: This is a paid press release. Coin Rivet recommends readers to undertake their own research on the company. Coin Rivet does not endorse and is not liable for any content or products on this page.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author should not be considered as financial advice. We do not give advice on financial products.