Trendsetter and cypherpunk Jameson Lopp recently described the Bitcoin ecosystem as “a new form of life.”
My favourite reference from his quite accurate analogy is full nodes representing white blood cells to kill attackers who may be threatening the ecosystem.
If Bitcoin is a new form of life:
* Electricity is its food
* The Internet is its circulatory system
* Miners are its hearts
* Blocks are the heartbeats
* Full nodes are the white blood cells
* Human participants are the brain cells
— Jameson Lopp (@lopp) February 4, 2019
Independent crypto consultant and analyst Brandon Quittem made the interesting comparison that Bitcoin is like a fungus. I think you may need a PhD in microbiology to understand most of the references, but I do agree the current crypto bear market will lead to some underground growth.
If Bitcoin is a fungus:
* Hype cycles = the fruiting body ?
* Bear Market = growth underground
* Software updates = new enzymes
* Developers = mushroom scientists
* PoW = transform leaf litter into valuable base elements
* Absorb alt coin tech = horizontal gene transfer https://t.co/kfB6LPBqBj
— Brandon Quittem (@bquittem) February 4, 2019
And finally, Bitcoin writer Gigi has his own take on Bitcoin. He made the suggestion that Bitcoin is a new form of religion. The white paper is the word of God and Satoshi is its messiah, and I am in full support of the idea that “eternal sound money is its promise.”
If Bitcoin is a new form of religion:
* Code is its scripture
* Satoshi is its messiah
* Full nodes are its shrines
* Maximalists are its priests
* Incrementing nonces is its prayer
* The whitepaper is the word of God
* Eternal sound money is its promise https://t.co/HK6FpS9OuG
— Gigi (@dergigi) February 5, 2019
Do you have any ideas for Bitcoin analogies? If so, let us know in the comments!
For more news, guides, and market analysis, click here.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author should not be considered as financial advice. We do not give advice on financial products.