|Salary||Position Type||Job Type||Location|
|£70,000 to £100,000 pa||Full-Time||Permanent||London|
Why Join Pillar?
Join us in building a decentralised future that gives people control over their personal data. It starts with an intuitive cryptocurrency wallet and will evolve to become a personal data locker and assistant for your digital life.
Our ambition is huge and our culture is everything to us. We move fast, thrive in autonomy, and stay obsessively curious. To keep this spirit alive, we’re dedicated to hiring people that align with our mission and champion our values of radical openness, trust, and joy.
Get ready to advance your skills working with one of the hottest blockchain companies in the world, located right in the heart of Shoreditch and Old Street, London.,
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement a new technology platform for a new product in the disruptive new field of blockchain.
- Plug into a small and nimble team that will be growing significantly in the next 6 months. Change the world by developing an innovative new crypto wallet that will evolve into the personal data locker for millions of users.
- Develop exceptional code while being challenged with cutting edge user experience design and extraordinary security requirements.
- Work in a collaborative and dynamic environment where you will pair up with fellow developers every day in order to understand every aspect of the product.
- Contribute to improvements in process and infrastructure for a rapidly growing company.
Pillar Project is looking for a Node.js / Angular / JS Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. An understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well because you will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your team members into the application.
This is a self-managed environment that requires strong personal commitment, regular commits to the code base and strong organizational skills. This is also a leadership role that requires mentoring, guiding and educating more junior members.
Skills and Experience
WHAT we need from you
- Previous working experience as a Node.js / Angular / JS Developer for 4+ years
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions (databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its challenges
- Good understanding of CSS preprocessors
- Understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles for a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving aptitude