23rd July 2019 – Boutique law firm Kleinberg Kaplan has joined the Global Legal Blockchain Consortium (GLBC), a group comprised of over 230 companies, law firms, software companies and universities developing standards to govern the use of blockchain technology in the business of law.
“The application of blockchain technology is transforming many industries and holds the potential for dramatic change in how transactions are conducted,” says Jonathan Ain, Partner with Kleinberg Kaplan’s emerging companies and venture capital practice. “We are actively counselling companies on the use of blockchain in their businesses and the promotion of blockchain platforms, as well as looking at practical uses of the technology at our firm.”
GLBC is the largest legal industry blockchain consortium in the world. It is focused on:
- Data integrity and authenticity for contracts, documents, and similar data
- Data privacy and security for contracts, documents, and communications
- Interoperability between corporate legal departments and law firms
- Productivity improvements and savings in the operation of legal departments and firms
- Use of blockchain to fortify and augment existing legal technology investments, adding important functionality to legacy systems to extend their useful life
Kleinberg Kaplan’s emerging companies and venture capital practice offers a broad range of services to emerging companies and investors. It provides practical, business-minded counsel for companies at all stages of their life cycles, as well as advising a wide variety of emerging company investors – venture capitalists, family offices, traditional private equity firms and other strategic and financial investors.
Press release disclaimer: This is a paid press release. Coin Rivet recommends readers to undertake their own research on the company. Coin Rivet does not endorse and is not liable for any content or products on this page.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author should not be considered as financial advice. We do not give advice on financial products.