Interviews have evolved over the years and we have all heard the stories about interviewers asking odd questions (“What animal you would be and why?”) especially now in this new world of blockchain. The rule book is being torn up, but every good interviewer will give you the opportunity to ask some questions of your own during the job interview.
This is a huge opportunity for you to show that you have spent time researching the company and the job. More importantly, it gives you a chance to show the interviewer that you are prepared and have come armed with some intelligent questions that will make you stand out from all the other applicants being interviewed.
Job interview top ten questions
Here are ten great questions to use in a blockchain job interview. You can use or make your own on your next job interview:
- Why has the position become available?
- How can I best contribute to your department’s goals?
- What are the measures used to judge how successful I am in the role?
- What are three ways I can contribute to the company beyond the job description?
- How do you see me best contributing to the corporate culture and morale?
- What is your vision for where the company or department will be in a year? In three to five years?
- How can I best help you and the team succeed?
- What can I expect from you in terms of development and support?
- What is the best thing about working for your company?
- How would you describe the company culture and management style?
Of course, the more research you do in advance, the more you can ask specific questions about the company’s recent news, blog posts, product launches and plans. But here’s the bottom line – ask questions that demonstrate genuine interest in the organisation and how you can fit in to their success.
Remember, job interviewing is a two-way street! By asking questions, you can get a much better sense of the organisation you’re interviewing at, and the extent to which you’d even want to work there.
Successful job applicants research the company they’re going to interview with and are on top of the market they work in. Do you research first.
Blockchain and blockchain technology is going mainstream very quickly. To get into this exciting industry at this time would be amazing so do your research. Here are a few interesting articles on our site but use the search bar at the top of this page to find out information on anything from cryptocurrencies right through to companies already using blockchain technology in their business.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author should not be considered as financial advice. We do not give advice on financial products.